CA Homeowner's Bill of Rights
Information For Homeowners Having Financial Difficulties
Are you having significant payment challenges on your Community West Bank first lien owner occupied mortgage loan (excludes manufactured homes on rental property) or home equity loan? Depending upon your current financial situation and the value of your property, you may be able to refinance your loan with us or we may offer other options. Call us at 1-800-844-3133 to speak with a live representative.
In order for the Bank to assess your current financial situation, the following documents must be completed, signed, and dated:
- Loan Application
- Schedule of Real Estate Owned
- Addendum to Loan Application
- Authorization to Release Information
- Rental / Condo / PUD / Insurance Information
In addition, the following documents, as applicable, must be provided:
- Hardship Letter
- Personal Federal Tax Returns (1040s) including all schedules for the most current two (2) years
- W-2’s for the two (2) most current years
- Pay stubs (most recent) to cover a period of one (1) month and shows year to date earnings
- Bank Statements for the most current six (6) months for all Checking, Savings, Investments, Stocks, IRA’s, etc.
- Hazard / Fire Insurance (copy of the front page of policy)
- Rental Agreements for all income properties
- Divorce Decree (all pages)
- Partnership Federal Tax Returns including K-1’s for the most current two (2) years
- Corporate Federal Tax Returns including all schedules for the most current two (2) years
- YTD Financial Statements if self-employed
- Last two (2) years of Year End Financial Statements if self-employed
- Copy of Driver's License
The Bank may require further information, documentation, and/or an appraisal of the property.
For more information on how to avoid foreclosure, visit the Department of Housing and Urban Development at www.hud.gov. You may also call 1-800-569-4287 for a list of HUD approved housing counseling agencies to assist you.